Apple iPad 3 Cases, Covers And Carriers
Apple is hoping to hold onto its approximate 60 percent share of the tablet market with the new iPad. The iPad 3 comes complete with a sharp retina display, 4G LTE capability, voice dictation, updated iSight camera, a sleek frame similar to that of the iPad 2 and price within the $ 499 to $ 829 range.
After purchasing your new iPad you will want a case, cover and/or carrier. Here are some of the best options available to keep your iPad 3 safe from any harm, according to the International Business Times:
- Apple iPad Smart Cover: Apple’s iPad Smart Cover is one of the best out there. Simply snap the magnetic hinge of the Smart Cover in place and BAM! an instantly revitalized iPad. The Smart Cover is thin and sleek to it will complement the body of your iPad 3. The cover folds up so you can move it to make your iPad stand at different angles. Close the cover and your iPad will go to sleep. These covers come in a rainbow of colors and polyurethane or leather material. (Apple, $ 39)
- ZAGG Leather Skins: ”Timeless” and “stylish” are two words that come to mind when one see the ZAGG Leather Skins for the new iPad. This is the cover one would picture Don Draper using if iPad existed in “Mad Men” land. Buy the cover plus an invisibleSHIELD screen coverage for ultimate protection. (zagg.com, $ 39.99-$ 79.98)
- Zazzle: Zazzle offers a wide array of iPad cases with elaborate designs. If your taste ranges from graffiti art and floral patterns to fine art and damask, this is the place to go. The wild patterns will surely have people talking about your iPad. You can even create your own case if you cannot find what you are looking for in the pre-made selection. (zazzle.com; prices may vary)Image Courtesy of dj.tal.soul via Flickr Creative Commons
- Cygnett: Cygnett’s High-Class Case for the iPad 3 will keep your tablet looking stylish each and every day. The bright red of the patent leather is truly eye-catching and the case includes a fold-over cover for double protection. It also converts into a stand and includes a magnetic on/off feature. (us.cygnett.com, $ 59.99)
- Dodocase: Dodocase has updated its classic case for the iPad 3. The Dodcase’s most popular journal-style case has been updated for Apple’s new tablet. Splashes of color have been thrown in, including: Granite/Poppy, Meadow/Lake, Tahoe/Sunrise and Sandy/Earth. The case is made with an eco-friendly bamboo tray and bookbinding cloth. It is handcrafted in San Francisco using traditional bookbinding techniques. (Dodocase.com, $ 79.95)
- iLuv: The iLuv CEOFolio case for the iPad 3 is a briefcase, folder and iPad case all in one. The sturdy black leather will hid any dirt or stains while protecting your iPad inside. There are numerous pocket slots for business cards, credit cards, IDs and more. The case also comes with an ePen stylus holder and a slot for a note pad (though not included). (i-luv.com, $ 79.99)
- Marc Jacobs Quilted iPad Case: For the ladies, Marc Jacobs makes a stunning quilted iPad case that looks like a handbag – with a zip top, quilted body jewelry-like curb chain shoulder strap with lambskin inset and cotton-blend lining to protect the screen of your tablet. The timeless look is complemented with fun, candy colors including pink, coral, berry and bright yellow. (Neiman Marcus, $ 495)
- Oakley Alpha Charlie Messenger Bag: For the gentlemen, the Oakley Alpha Charlie messenger bag is a cool, urban carrying case for your iPad 3 while you are on the move. The weatherproof material will keep your tablet safe from any external harm and the multi-colored body gives it a flashy look. It even comes stocked with headphones. Added bonus! (Oakley, $ 100)
- Palmer & Sons HipBag No. 19: This is one good looking iPad carrier. Mad with an interior strap and felt back padding to keep your iPad 3 safe, this carrier also includes 10 oz London Tan Bridle Leather; brass rivets throughout; panic clasp closures; and dimensions of approximately 9.25″ x 8″ x 2.5.” (palmerandsons.ca, $ 310 Canadian Dollars)
Bita Daryabari requests help for Relief International’s efforts in disaster relief in Iran after the August 11 earthquake.
Ann Getty: Interior Style, the gorgeous new book by Diane Dorrans Saeks, is the must-have book of the fall.
Author Camille Paglia will be speaking about her new book, Glittering Images, in the San Francisco Bay Area on October 24, 2012.
Lexus recently held the world premiere of its 2013 LS model line in San Francisco with celebrities such as Kristen Wiig, Jason Schwartzman and Simon Doonan.